PLACE MONGE SUNDAY MARKET (Marché de la Place MONGE) - 75005 PARIS
It's Sunday today and I am about to write the first post of my brand new blog that will explores ways for readers to learn more about our France Lifestyle.
I did write in the past…....to Mum (!) or my kids when they were in boarding school in the middle of Nowhere - Australia but this time it is serious, I am about to start writing about French things to France fans around the world. FRENCH MOOD blog aim to talk about vernacular yet modern French things - how our every day life is shaped by the fashion and interiors we create, the food and wine we produce, the traditions & artisans we nurture - so, let's get on with my “French Mood” now,
hope you enjoy!
The right to Brunch
July 12th, 2015
I took a stroll to Place Monge market this morning to check out what nature has to offer in this mid month of July…
My choice went for some fresh organic reddish beans which I shelve and cooked when I got home in a little bit of water for 40 minutes with a fresh onion, one fresh garlic clove, ½ ts of baking soda + some salt, pepper and lots of fresh rosemary.
For an unusual French salad, I mixed purslane and salsola leaves – mine came from Philippe Flamand stall at the market – I added two or three big tablespoons of lightly toasted seeds (pumpkin / sesame / sunflower) and a simple vinaigrette made with olive oil and a dash of piment d’Espelette.
We ate the salad with a small serving of cold Dahl made of coral lentils, sprinkled with a strongly flavoured Piqual olive oil and freshly crushed pepper.
The Vietnamese vintage bowl comes from Saigon, earthen bowl from Catherine Todrani in Normandy, the wooden spoon is from Shopu, and Mr Kimura San makes the red cedar tray in Yamaguchi – South Japan.
- Market Place Monge 75005 Paris (les Mercredi / Vendredi / Dimanche de 8h a 13h)
- Piqual Olive oil / The Village Press / Sileni Estate Winery / 2016 Maraekakaho rd / Hasting / Hawke’s bay, NZ / www.thevillagepress.co.nz
- Catherine Todrani, Artisan Potier / Atelier TERRE ET FEU / 11 rue de la campagne / 50250 Vindefontaine / France / +33 (0)233711482
- Wooden spoon / cuillère en bois: SHOPU/ http://www.shopu.fr
- Wooden tray / Plateau en bois: AKEMI YA (http://akemiya.com)